Wednesday 27 February 2008

spin spin spin

Man people at my work are funny. I am really going to miss them.

Sanjay totally cracked my shit up today and it was completely unintentional. We have an Italian guy in the office who is always eating. I don’t know how he is not a heffalump. Anyway, I bought some milk today because peeps were complaining and, because they just seemed like children, I bought them some cookies and put them in the kitchen. Everyone was taking A cookie with their tea. Then the Italian guy headed to the kitchen and Sanjay was all, UH OH THERE GOES THE COOKIES!!! I don’t know why this was so funny but I lost it. I laughed A LOT. I snorted. It was very unladylike.

This evening, because our washing machine finally gave up the ghost (though to be fair it had probably done about a gazillion loads), I headed to the launderette.
OH MY GOD. It is so very very Eastenders. Well, maybe mine is. First off all I had to go ask for some change from the shop. The woman was very pissy. Then I asked a guy in the launderette for a money swap and he lectured me on how he has come organised and blab bla and I was all apologetic and I have never felt more middle class than asking a woman in a ‘Juicy’ (this is what her arse said) tracksuit for help opening the machine door. Then I helped a pregnant woman fold her sheets whilst the first guy was asking me whether I wanted to iron for him and be his woman (tempting offer but I’m good thanks) thennnnn some guy came up to me and said: ‘so.... can I have a pair of your pants then?’ Me: ‘Er, no.’ Dude.

No comments: