Tuesday 27 November 2007

magic and mayhem

The train was packed this morning. We were all crammed on enough and then some guy felt this wasn’t crammed enough and pushed his way on. Normally I don’t mind. There is sometimes a bit of extra space and people need to get to work on time. But this time there was no space. And yet he still forced his way on. He stood behind me so I had my back to him. Which was a mistake. First of all he finished his carton of juice. And he was going to suck up every last drop from that carton. Then he burped so violently the hair on the back of my head moved. Then he blew his nose so loudly and grossly I was glad my back was to him. Then I looked up and noticed that the guy opposite me was staring over my shoulder and grimacing. I really did not want to know what the guy behind me was up to but I was counting the minutes until my stop.

On Friday I saw a magic show. My friend Corinne’s boyfriend was doing the lights for it and his friend was the magician. It was supposed to be a combination of magic and the dark arts or whatever. It was good. I like people who can hold their own against heckling. We drove him home and he was a really funny guy. I hope he goes on to do really well.

It was a good weekend. The perfect mix of going out drinking with pals, lounging in bed reading and spending time with my family.

No comments: