Thursday 29 November 2007

silver tongued devil


Don’t bother insulting me. I do it perfectly well for myself. Yesterday someone I email (work related) asked what I looked like and I said like a troll.

Today someone said I reminded them of a film star and I said I hope they didn’t mean Vanessa Feltz. I know she is not a film star. Just a moment ago I told someone I was channeling manatee.
Me: I don’t mean I look like a manatee….
Shamima: You really didn’t need to clarify that

What I meant was I am being all Zen. When you bother a manatee he swims away. Bother him some more? He swims further away.

Also, an email that made me laugh:

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve
Sent: 28 November 2007 16:28
To: Rosie
Subject: Testimonial

(Slightly amended genuine testimonial from a real client)

"(My Company) has an excellent understanding of the blah blah and have provided us with expert advice on the likely performance of blah blah.
Their understanding of the risks involved in this area was first-class and their independent analysis was an essential input to our decision making process.

Blah blah

Working with Steve is an absolute pleasure. The man is phenomenal. What he doesn't know about blah blah, isn't worth knowing.
Legend."

Me – I think I see where this was amended…

No comments: