Thursday 20 September 2007

orcs in the aisle

I saw Lord of the Rings on stage with M. It was amazing. The staging was a work of art. My only complaint is regarding the FREAKING ORCS in the FREAKING AISLES. At one point they dimmed the lights. And the screaming began. In my head I knew they were just people dressed up but at one point I was trying to climb over M. I am your friend. Until the orcs roam the aisle. Then I will totally sacrifice you so I can run away.

The lift at my work was recently renovated. It took months and was only back in service recently. And I cannot see any improvement except that in feels like it has gone on that programme – Pimp my Ride. Our lift now has flashing green and red lights down the side and talks to you. But it says the wrong thing. Like, you reach your floor and it says: ‘Lift going down, doors opening.’ And it takes about 7 years for the doors to close or it to arrive. I kind of think they had cowboy engineers who were like, we’ll put flashing lights in it AND NOONE WILL EVER KNOW WE CAN’T REPAIR LIFTS.

No comments: