Wednesday 31 October 2007

all hallows eve

The MD wanted to know why I was celebrating Halloween. I came into the office wearing an orange vest with black jeans and a black cardigan, orange sparkly eyeshadow and bat earrings.

Me: I am a seasonal whore!

Then I was walking to my desk thinking, is it ok to say whore in front of your MD? And I hope he understood I meant that I acknowledge most celebrations, especially if it requires going out for a drink to do so, and not that on certain days I go stand on a street corner and shake my money maker.

Via text:

M: I’m going to Sainsbury’s on the way in to buy us breakfast
Me: Ok but as long as it’s Halloween related….

When she arrives:
M: I bought breakfast!
Me: Yay maple and pecan pastry … though it is not so Halloween related….
M: That’s why I got you a Halloween iced biscuit too! Y’know having a sweet breakfast is the best thing for you
Me: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm hm
M: No it’s true! The sugar gives you energy and ....(etc etc)
Me: Ok, can you now justify us having a glass of wine with this?
M: Gotta have your portions of fruit every day

No comments: