Tuesday 17 March 2009

Steve leaves

Chris is leaving my old place of work. Since he has been known as Steve there for 3 years now, I assume it is to get his identity back.

Steve: Dear all,

Just a quick reminder about this Thursday. For those of you who were away last week, we postponed the dinner to Thursday 19th March, so hopefully everyone can now make it along.

The vague plan is to meet in a pub at 6pm, then I will book a table somewhere for 7pm. Please let me know whether this works with everyone. If so, I will send clearer plans on the day.

I have already got confirmation from Hollie, Martina, Sam, Florian, Charlotte and myself, so am still waiting for a final word from Mike, Shamima and Fanny.

Hopefully see you all on Thursday.
Regards,

CS

Me: RUDE. Don't I count?

Steve: Apologies Rosie! But to quote Jagdish, "you worthless monkey!"
Count yourself officially counted. See you on Thursday.

Sam: I guess we all took it for granted you would be there - like Chris. Else what's the point?

Me: Thanks Sam! I tell you, it is lucky I know such great people otherwise I might have chucked myself under the Piccadilly Line by now... actually, that is a lie. I find it really bugging when people do that.

Sam: Too true, please choose another line when the time comes. Look forward to seeing you. Sam

No comments: