Friday 9 January 2009

I'm an ass-assaulter

Email to Sadie:
All
I'd just like to say thanks for another job well done today. As ever you set the standard. I will be paying a visit to the boss tomorrow to "enquire" as to what he plans to do about the skills gap in his team. Thanks

Sadie: At 11 am yesterday I get a call from Tony saying because the support team are in a workshop all morning can I deal with an urgent helpdesk call. I was slightly f*cked off by this as I AM NOT SUPPORT but nevertheless we are one team one dream etc etc etc… so I had a look. After a little while I realised we had a serious problem which affects about two hundred people and about a dozen different systems. So I had to drag the Support team out of their workshop to help me deal with the crisis.
A bit later I said to them, so, what was your workshop about? Oh they said, its about what to do when we have a crisis. Well, I said, I think the first thing that would help is if you weren't all in the same bl**dy workshop and could deal with the calls as soon as they came in. Anyway, Tony's comment is quite right. I do indeed 'set the standard.' WHOOO HOOO!!!

Me: MIGHTY SADIE!!!!!! Well Done!!!! That's brilliant! x x x

Jess: Sadie the sorter!!! Or assorter!!!

Sophie: Or assaulter?

Jess: OR INDEED ASSAULTER!!!

Sadie: Yes, OK, OK.

Jess: What's asaltpetre?

Me: Assault of a petri dish. Its very common in labs everywhere.

Sadie: Isn't saltpetre what they gave soldiers in the war to control their, er, libido?

Jess: Oooh er I think I may have to Google!

Sadie: "And despite its reputation for lowering libido, there is no evidence that it would help you. Potential side effects include stomach upset, headache, anemia, and kidney damage. " .. Well, if I had all those symptoms, I wouldn't exactly be up for it!

Me: What a brilliant idea. Debilitate the soldiers. I bet it is a German invention. Blimmin germans.

Sadie: Sneaky blimmin germans

Me: Man am I mad at them. I'm gonna write and complain

Jess: I'm onto it now... Dear Mr Ac/dc fan club............

Sophie: Jeeez... couldn't they just have knocked one out in a trench?

Sadie: GOOODNESS GRACIOUS ME!

Jess: SOPHHIEEEE!!!

Sadie: That's pretty much what my reaction was. Shocking.

Sophie: Er, whatever. How is that worse than kidney failure.

Me: Fair point.

No comments: