Saturday 15 November 2008

My car

I won't lie. I do miss it. It is broken.

Here is it in action: It died about 3 days later. Maybe it was the 200 wine glasses that did it.

There is a broken gasket and oil is mixing with water. Apparently, because this is a labour intensive repair job, it will cost around £500 to fix. Because the car is not even worth that much, me and my dad decided not to get it sorted. For the last 5 months it has been sitting pitifully on my parents drive.

UNTIL

My dad struck up a conversation with a neighbour. This guy had a broken car jacked up on his driveway for ages. Mum used to point out to us the plants growing out of it. And then, he managed to fix it. And then his wife took it out about a day later and smashed it up again. Whoops. Anyway. This guy has offered to repair my car. Dad made a deal with him. Under £200 or the car is yours.

I asked my dad what this guy was like. He said:" I like him. He's an animal." I don't know what is worse. That my dad has entrusted my car to this fella or that this is a quality my dad likes in a man. Also, dad has lent this guy his chainsaw. He thinks this will reduce the cost of the repair work.

Texting my dad -
Dad: Car is with neighbour
Me:YAY! How long do you think it will take him to fix it?
Dad: Don't know how long, the man is a nutter. He might blow car up and nick my chainsaw for all I know.

Sophie: Ro, when he has repaired it, I would take it on small journeys first. Like, not down the motorway straight away. Just to be on the safe side.
Me: *.........*

But I am looking forward to getting it back. I LOVE driving.

No comments: