Thursday 20 November 2008

A whole heap of stuff

I don't like not being . . . ready. If I'm going somewhere or doing something, I like to be prepared. This is why I am not normally too far from items such as eyeliners, deodorant, spare shoes, a hairbrush, a toothbrush (and paste) and a selection of reading material.

Evidence:

This is my work drawer: As you can see, it contains:
Makeup -
Number 7 Tinted Moisturiser
L'Oreal Foundation
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette - this is really handy as, if you forget your makeup kit or put your makeup on at work, like me, it has all the shades that match the outfits I wear. Plus a black shadow which is all I need sometimes
Number 7 Eyeliner
Rimmel Black Eyeshadow
Number 7 face Powder
Maybelline SuperStay pink lipstick
Solait Bronzer
Cocoa Butter lip moisturiser
And YES I also carry a double of all this in my bag but should I forget something? Sorted!
I also have a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss. I take mouthcare seriously yo.
Dove Deodorant and Givenchy Gentlemen perfume
Hairbrush, hairbands, hairspray
Pink, red and purple nail varnish. A nail file. Nail varnish remover pads.
Sainsburys Floracology body cream. Soap & Glory Glow lotion. Neutrogena hand cream. Estee Lauder face cream.
Vitamin C and Cranberry tablets (healthy immune system, healthy kidneys).
Tissues, plasters, panadol.
Sunglasses.

This is my second drawer at work: This is where I keep my shoes. 2 pairs of black heels and a flat pair of pumps. I think I have my bases covered. Plus a swim kit and a stack of books. There is sometimes a magazine poking around too.

I like to carry some essentials with me though, too. This is my bag. It is the bag I basically use every day and at the end of the week I try and clean it out as otherwise I can be carting around quite a lot of accumulated junk: It generally always contains:
A hairbrush
My Oyster Card
Door Keys
An umbrella
My diary and pen
A reusable bag of some kind
My work doorpass
My wallet
Some hairbands
Tissues of some kind. These are fancy ones because Matt bought them for me.
Makeup
iPod
Book

And, my God. The makeup I cart round with me is pretty impressive: As you can see, it's Wednesday and the eyeshadows are gradually accumulating. There are 6 pots of Barry M, and the permanently included black Estee Lauder. Also:
Rimmel liquid eyeliner
Estee Lauder Kohl Eyeliner
Number 7 mascara
Ruby and Milly tweezers
Estee Lauder foundation primer
Estee Lauder eyeshadow primer
Estee Lauder concealer
2 Maybelline superstay lipsticks
Cotton buds
Eyeshadow applicators

This is all duplicated in what I have at home, too. It makes me feel a lot calmer knowing I am not so far from a black eyeliner and a book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus