Tuesday 13 May 2008

fire fire, fire fire, pour on water, pour on water

Me: R made me FIRE MARSHALL. I was all, giving the jobs and responsibilities out free and easily there innit fella. I said on one condition. That I got a fluorescent vest. We shook on it. Anyway. As fire marshall I am aware that there is a pretend fire drill next Friday at 4.30. My team shall, of course, be exemplary. Also, as I said to R, fires, pretend or not, are very scary and I will send my team home afterwards to recover. He said he thinks my team will be very glad of my new job role. I tell you, I AM ALL OVER IT. Reading manuals and shit. No one is gonna frazzle on my watch. Unless I am down Brent Cross and there is a fire and casualties. Then they are screwed and should have considered better giving one person fire marshall and first aider.
R was all, there will be a debrief session for the marshals afterwards. I laughed. Debriefed. Always funny. Anyway. Hopefully
that will be short. I will be all, LOOKIT my team single filed outta that blazing building and are waiting calmly at the fire point. job done. R says I should tell everyone beforehand but that seems like cheating. We'll all be at the fire point before the alarm is even raised.

Sade: Laughing lots, especially at no one gonna fraz on my watch!!!! Fire alarm last week broke up the most boring meeting known to man, but sadly it was bloody freezing then and my coat was two floors away. I did consider going upstairs to get it first, but I thought probably not quite the point of a fire alarm. Spesh as it was a real one.

Me: If it was real, it should have been nice and toasty anyways. I would like to congratulate the perfect timing of our fire drill
next week though. Deffers pub o clock after. Good start to the bank holiday weekend!

No comments: