Monday 4 August 2008

Dr and Vet

From: Sophie
To: Sadie; Jessica; Rosie

I am going to the drs this eve for sinuses AGAIN


From: Sadie

Hope the docs gives you something useful this time.


*NEXT DAY*

From: Sophie

I got some more sinus spray. She said that if I get it again they might have to refer me to an ENT clinic. The dr had really bad obsessive compulsive disorder!! I couldn't believe it! She was a doctor!


From: Sadie

What was she doing?


From: Sophie

Ro and I used to work with one called Eileen who would open and shut books and stuff so I know all their habits.
I walked in and thought she was odd because she was wearing a heavy sweater and it was soooo hot. Then she kept repeating things and checking in a book, opening, shutting, opening, comparing and pointing and saying 'memetonone furex nasal spray 50mg' like a chant and pointing between the prescription and the book. I finally thought she had stopped because she closed the book so I stood up and then she stood up opened the book took the prescription back off me and did it a few more times.
So I was awkwardly half standing half perched and then I just thought fuck it, it's been quite a long day and I have to take the cat to the vet and you are really delaying things so I just grabbed it. As I left she said, sorry for the delay. How can a dr have OCD?!


From: Sadie

Oh Jesus really laughing! Particularly at the thought of you finally grabbing the prescription. If she's got OCD, surely you should at least be warned before you go in that's she's having a bad day!


From: Rosie

It took a little while to click. I tell you something, it was the longest repeat pill prescription consultation I have EVER had. And me and So pride ourselves on being in and out in 5 minutes. One dr couldnt turn her computer on as quickly as I was finished


From: Jess

But Sir Clyde is ok!!! that's the main thing.


From: Rosie

Sir Clyde is a shit head. As the vase of flowers he savaged all over the floor can confirm. It was the pink roses that did it. They just enraged him.


From: Jess

Laughing!!! I love that pud!


From: Rosie

You wouldn't love him between 4 and 6 in the morning. This is his FAVOURITE time. He runs up and down the corridor, sharpens his claws LOUDLY on the door matt, scrabbles around in his litter tray shredding the newspaper, runs into my room, jumps onto my bed, attacks my feet, runs under the bed and bangs the dangling hairdryer against the wall, runs back down the corridor.... He is a maniac.

Matt kept saying to him after the vet yesterday: "We're alright now aren't we buddy? Aren't we? Clyde? Yeah, we're alright." Because Matt was the one who ripped off his leg bandages taking A LOT of fur with it, caged him and held him why he had a thermometer stuck up his butt. Clyde. Not matt.

No comments: