Friday 8 August 2008

idiot

From: Matthew
To: Sophie

Do you think it will be nice enough to go to the park today?


From: Sophie
To: Matthew

Yeah, hopefooly


From: Matthew
To: Sophie

Can't wait...I know this might not sound like much to you but my shoes are off and my toes are loving it.


From: Sophie
To: Matt
CC: Rosie

Same here. Shoeless. Who is writing the Tesco email?


From: Rosie
To: Sophie; Matthew

Hey Kids.

I am also shoeless! Although it is raining here so I do not think I will go to the park. I am going to go to the library instead.
I do not mind writing the Tesco email if no one else wants to.

Waiting for a visitor to turn up. R said his name is Michael Moore. I was all, what THEE Michael Moore? R was all, yeah, doubt he has heard that one before. So I went and told A that we were going to have a visitor and could he allocate him parking. A- what, THEE Michael Moore? Me - Yeah, VERY original A. Jeez.


From: Sophie

Weirdo....
Yes please to the email. I don't really know what kind of dramas went on between you 2 and Tesco. I arrived home to you both frantically trying to flag down a mysterious van.


From: Rosie

Who's writing it then?
H: What THEE Michael Moore?


From: Matt

I think Rosie write it and then sends us a copy and we can add to it. As long as the email includes the words "driver" "idiotic and "arsehole" then I think it will be fine.


From: Rosie

So far . .
Subject: Your idiotic arsehole of a driver


From: Matthew

I like it


From: Rosie
Subject: Tesco

Feel free to chop and change/be meaner about the driver . . .

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to make a complaint about the terrible customer service I received last night from Tesco.

I arranged for my groceries to be delivered in the 7.00-9.00pm time slot. When they didn't turn up my partner called the Tesco customer service number to be told that they had received no information from the driver that he was running late and if we hadn't heard from him by 9.30 we were to call back. At 9.30 we called back and were put on hold whilst the driver was contacted. We were told that the driver was running late and had tried to call us numerous times and had left a voicemail. I received no calls nor any messages and do not believe this to be the case.

The driver told us he would be with us before 10pm. Around 10 he called us to say he could not find our address and said where he was. His location was about 2 minutes from the property and we directed him to our house. After 10 minutes he called again to say he still couldn't find us. Again we gave him simple directions. When 20 minutes later he still had not showed up we tried calling him and one of us even walked to where he said he was to see if they could find him.

At 10.30 we called Tesco to be told that the driver had decided to return to the store and could we go to Tesco in Ponders End and collect our groceries. Obviously if it was convenient to do this we would not have bothered with a delivery at all. We were also told that if a delivery cannot be made the drivers post a note at the address and had we received this. Considering we had spent our evening waiting at home for the driver and calling Tesco continually to see where he was, asking this question made no sense.

I fail to understand why the driver decided to return to the store and why there was so little communication between him, Tesco and us. It should not have been our responsibility to track down the order, spend hours on the phone and go in search of the van to ultimately have to rearrange the delivery for another time at great inconvenience.

I arranged my first Tesco delivery to this property (only having moved in two months ago) last month and had absolutely no problems. The driver arrived on time and was polite, courteous and helpful. Having always used Tesco and continually received excellent customer service I would hate to use another store. However, if this is what I can expect from deliveries in the future I see no other option unless this issue is addressed and I am duly compensated for a wasted and, frankly, exasperating evening.

No comments: