Monday 15 December 2008

brilliant

This weekend included the perfect amount of friends, family and napping. On Friday, my pals Jenna and Ruth came over. Friends and wine are always going to be a good evening in my book. However, we are obviously getting on a bit because at 11 Ruth fell asleep (again). Luckily me and Jenna are made of sterner stuff.

On Saturday I met another pal, Corinne, in Enfield. Brilliant time wandering the shops picking up little presents and christmas cards. TALKING OF Christmas cards . . . we sent ours on Thursday. I wrote one for my parents and asked Sophie to sign it, before she went out drinking for the evening. Somehow she managed to start signing it from me. THEN, when she got home, I asked her to sign another card. This time she simply spelt her name wrong. At least that time I can blame the cocktails. In between her signing 2 different cards wrong, me and Matt ate a fuckload of chips.
After Enfield, I drove the car to the carshop to get them to fix my radio. The car has always had a dodgy gearbox but it was being spectacularly bad on the way there. Already I was nervous about parallel parking outside a garage. It did not help that the car sounded on the brink of the edge of stalling. No.

On Sunday we went over to our parents for dinner. It was delicious. As always. And the cake was Brilliant. My favourite moments were:
Mum telling us about Lulu's friend, Callum, staying over. Apparently Lulu went into Mums room at 11pm to tell her. Mum had fallen asleep and dad had carried on watching tv. When she went in, she turned the tv off and woke mum. Before apologising for waking her up OR getting to the point of why she was there, she pointed to dad slumped over mum with his wine glass in one hand and the tv remote in the other and said: WHAT is THAT? And thenshe told mum that Callum was going to stay over. In the morning, ma and pa were painting the hallway when they heard: For GOD SAKE come ON. And Lulu marched Callum down the stairs, passed them, and out the front door. Then she turned to mum and dad and said: I am SO tired, I'm going back to bed. Ok! Right then!! But apparently she also said: GOD MOTHER. I did NOT sleep with him. He is SO UGLY. Ma was all, I didn't even get the chance to tell her about the birds and the bees. Me: Mother, you have been yelling at her "no glove no love" since she was about 12. I think she's got it now.

I also laughed when Jamie/Dad did the most mingingest fart EVER and Lulu went off on a rant about how she had only showered THAT MORNING and she had WASHED HER HAIR. GODDDDDD.

No comments: