Wednesday 3 December 2008

GAK

Me: Do your cats ever get these weird tiny egg looking things attached to them? I was picking them off Clyde last night. It was DISGUSTING but possibly less disgusting than hundreds of spiders (or whatever) hatching all over my bed.

Cor: Were they all barbed or hairy and difficult to get off? Cos thats ususally seeds or grass seeds. so nothing too gross. unless they weren't hairy in which case i have no idea, probably dirty disgusting mankyness. eurgh. eggs. that makes my skin crawl.

Me:No, that's the problem. I pull enough barbed etc crap off him to know these didn't look plant based . . . they looked like smoothy smooth little eggs. And they made a popping sound when I picked them off ... *retch*

Cor:Dude. That popping comment is going to stay with me. I nearly just threw up my biscuit. If you only ever do one more thing for me in this life- never mention anything like that to me ever ever again

Me: The sentence "nearly just threw up my biscuit" has given me the proper giggles. Also, you think it will stay with YOU? I keep reliving it!!! The feel, the sound . . *GAK*
Seriously. Cats are disgusting.

Lisa: Your cats got ticks!

Me: Do you think that is what they were? When I held one up to the light, it was definitely looked like a tick. But it was white. I thought they were black? And also, I just picked it off with my nails. Is that right? God. Bloody cat.

Lisa:The ones I saw were white because I kept it to take to the vet, You can just pull them off with your nails but the vet advised me not to do that because you can leave their legs behind which can get infected! Althoug the vet may just have been trying to get money out of me!!!

Me:GROSS. I really did NOT want to pick it off with my nails because . . GROSS. But it seemed preferable to eggs hatching. Think I might buy some tweezers to use ... I wasn't sure whether to pull them off myself because I have heard they leave stuff behind but I also think the risk is pretty low. My friends mum is one of those people that knows all about stuff like that and lives in the country and I've seen her pull ticks off with her hands too. BLAH. I am swapping Clyde with baby Pearl.

Lisa:She's got ticks too!!!!!

Me: Eurgh. Then you can just have them both!!

No comments: