Thursday 18 December 2008

shrimppppp

Me: God. I might have to talk to the crazy cleaner whilst you're on Christmas holiday.

Hot Australian Electrician: What's wrong with talking to him anyway?

Me: He's crazy? Plus, there is a definite language barrier and he doesn't know what I am talking about

HAE: That's just because your English is terrible. No one can understand you

Me: That is rude. And blasphemous.

HAE: BlASPHEMOUS??

Me: Whatever. SHRIMP ON THE BAH-BIEEEE

HAE: We don't actually call them shrimp . . we call them ..

Me: PRAWNNNNNNNNNNNS. Ye, I know. S is always telling me that. But, WHATEVER. He comes over here and starts callin me Guv'nor and I start talking about shrimp on the barbie. That's how it works. He has got his English from Dickens and mine is from Dumb and Dumber.

HAE: That's what you and S do all day?

Me: Well. Not ALL day. But we can keep it up for a while. I've seen Home and Away. I'm pretty good at it. Sheilaaaaaa and whatnot.

HAE: HA. That one is fair enough. Although it isn't . . . mainstream Oz. Not what the classy people like me say.

Me: What do you say? I can add it to my repetoir

HAE: Bird. As in... look at the hot bird over there

Me: So . . . teaching me English words then?

HAE: Should I go give this one to S?

Me: Yes. You flamin G'LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No comments: