Tuesday 2 December 2008

love egg?

There was a serious countdown going on last week until Friday. Friday was the day that me and Sophie were on leave and where us two and mum and Lulu were going to Brent Cross. I was receiving countdown texts from Lulu and it is fair to say we were pretty excited.

On Thursday I was all YAY ONE MORE DAY TO GO and prepared to take it easy. Unfortunately I was clearly too cocky as I was given something to do which had to be done by 5.30. I was very stressed. It turns out that people had forgotten I was on leave and thought I had 2 days. When I just had 1. I was getting majorly stressed just printing addresses onto labels. OMG. I may have mentioned this before but. Someone once asked me HOW I lived with my sister because they CERTAINLY could not. I mean, have we had any arguments at all yet? And the answer is no. There is definite bickering but, when it comes down to it, me and Soph both like an easy life in front of Eastenders with a hot chocolate and a bowl of pasta. Plus. I got home on Thursday evening after what was supposed to be a chilled out day before our long awaited day off in a TERRIBLE mood and Sophie and Matt handed me a glass of wine, a bowl of pasta and a tub of Ben & Jerrys. This living together lark seems to be going well.

Friday was Brilliant. We got to the bus stop to get the bus to mums and the bus was just pulling away. So excited was I to get shopping that I chased it. Sophie was all OMG IT ISN'T EVEN NEAR THE STOP!! And I did miss it but whatevs.
First stop was food, then shopping, then cake, then shopping, then coffee. We are Experienced.
I bought a new black bra and a new black top. Perfect. One of my favourite moments was:
In the queue in John Lewis
Mum: *Pointing* That jumper is lovely
Me: *Going over and picking it up* It's Cashmere. Feels a bit itchy actually. Itchy as a bitch on a Saturday night.
Mum: ROSIE!!!
Lulu: *Slaps my arse* Cor! My hand bounced right off that!!
Mum: LULU!!!
Sophie: *Hands mum some red ribbon* Can you get this for me please? It is for my pomanders
Mum: LOVE EGGS?
Me and Lulu: JESUS CHRIST MOTHER *walking away* GOSH. SO RUDE.

Writing that now . . . I can't remember why she said love eggs. It was something to do with ball shaped or something. I don't know. Her mind is a dangerous place.

And then we had fish and chips for dinner which was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Me and Sophie are pretty sorted for Christmas. All our presents are wrapped and I am looking forward to getting a tree on Sunday to put them under. Clyde is going to have an absolute FIELD DAY when that goes up.

On Saturday I got my hair cut. Instead of it being longish and blondish I went for shortish and darkish. Y'know, for Winter. The hairdresser was very reluctant to cut so much hair of but whatever man. It grows back. Then I went and stayed at my friend Sophie's boyfriends house. I hate stuff like that. Staying at people I don't knows houses and whatnot. But he was lovely and I had a double bed and my own bathroom. Which was FANTASTIC. Me and Sophie got dressed up. Her in the shortest dress I have ever seen. She balanced it out with black tights and the biggest pants I have ever seen. She was all, I have to wear them because it balances out the dress. I was all, well Gosh. Don't bend too much because people will see them. Then we went out and drank a boatload of cocktails. Good times.

When I got home on Sunday, Ruth took me shopping in Enfield. She was looking for something to wear to her Christmas party but it was all pretty bla. When I got home, Matt cooked a delicious roast dinner. It was Superb. Even when he improvised by making his Yorkshire puddings in a loaf tin. Matt has been promising to cook me and Sophie a roast dinner for at least 6 months now but I have to say. It was worth the wait. Good job!

All in all, it was an excellent weekend!

No comments: