Tuesday 22 April 2008

ICRNAVM statttttttttttt

Sadie is forever sending me emails that are meant to go to Robbins and not Rosie.

Sadie:
Hi All
FYI I have just changed the template ICRNAVM.cus used in batch job ICPREPAR for the production of the ICVC daily official
vals. I will be releasing this to live shortly, so please don't make any amendments to this file in BILLY.
Cheers

Me:
Again with me not being Terry. And, also, geek.

Sadie:
That's not geek speak, um is it? Poor Terry never gets my emails any more.

Me:
Does anyone ever say, who is Rosie and why is she interested?
or
SECURITY BREACH

Sadie:
A few did this time. I said you had showed a keen interest in my project about compression of the generic feed files in order to improve performance in our applications processing time. They were highly impressed.

Me:
Har I am laughing. Did many believe that or are they all as geeky as you and can't imagine anyone not being interested in it?

Sadie
No-one here is interested in IT. We all fell in to this department by accident. One giant cosmic trip-up.

Me:
Talking of accidents ... Guess what I am??? HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER!!!
Some would question the logic of me being the 1st aid officer since I will be the one with the concussion from walking into a door.

Sadie:
Oh God, laughing!!!!! When did you do that first aid course? Can you still remember how to do a tracheotomy?

Me:
I did not learn how to do a tracheotomy in first aid class however I have watched enough Eastenders/Hollyoaks etcetc to know I simply need a sharp knife and a biro.

Soph:
STATS ARE FALLING
CRASHING
CAN SOMEONE GET A GURNEY
WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO GO TO THEATRE, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO DO THE PROCEDURE RIGHT HERE

... That's right, I watch ER.

Me:
Exactly- the person will totally die on my watch but at least I will SOUND professional

Jess:
I'm sure ro would make an excellent first aider!!!
***** CLEAR*****

Me:
I'll be the one going OH WHATEVER IF YOU THINK I AM GIVING MOUTH TO MOUTH TO THEM. NO WAY. DUDE. GROSS.

Sadie:
Unless he's good looking of course. Then it'll be all shirt ripping, button flying action I'm guessing. And that's just your shirt.

Me:
Hey hey. I am perfectly capable of attracting someone who is not unconscious.

Sadie:
Yes, but finding them after an evening's drinking with you, that's the real challenge.

I was reminded of these emails after what happened on the way to BC's on Friday night. On the train someone started yelling at us to pull the passenger alarm and tell the driver someone had passed out. She came over and did it herself since me and B were a little pissed and distracted.

In other news. Everyone on the train last night was lovely. I offered my seat to a small child and after about 5 minutes another seat was vacated and the mother of the child was beckoning me and 'here! Here is a seat for you!!!' It was next to her son so I was all, um that is ok. You have it. Then a man got up and offered me his chair. I was like, no, thats fine. Then 2 minutes later another person got up and offered me his. People were so nice I didn't know what to say or how to react. This ain't my public transport.... but I like it.

No comments: