Wednesday 30 April 2008

premier

My pallio Mike works at an advertising company. Warner Bros are their clients and they gave Mike free tickets to the premier of a film called 'Speed Racer' and to the after show party. He called me last minute to say he had just been given them and did I want to go. Well I am always up fo hijinks so met him at Leicester Square.

Embarrassingly we were made to walk down the red carpet. All the journalists were like ARE THEY FAMOUS??? I was all, don't trip don't trip...

Anyway, about 5 minutes after we got in the building all the superstars arrived. Christina Ricci, Susan Sarandan and John Goodman...

Every chair in the cinema had a drink and popcorn on. The stars stood on stage and had a chat with us. Then we watched the film. It was very very long. Mike said if he bumped into any of the actors he felt he would be forced to mention that should they ask his opinion. Luckily they didn't.

My favourite bit in the film was when the masked man was about to take his mask off. He was blatantly the brother who the family thought had died in a car accident. Anyway, I just loved the person behind who was all: 'OH MY GOD I BET IT IS HIS BROTHER.'
Mike: Well that was a bit of a suspense killer.

The aftershow party was at a place called P near Baker Street station. I think it was an underground car park that had been done up for the occasion. It was fabulous and there were bars lining the walls covered in cocktails and wine and beer. And it was all free. Waitors wandered around with platters of food.

We had a very good evening. Me and Mike were trying to celebrity spot but soon realised we wouldn't know one if they boinked us on the head. Saw that dark haired chick from S Club 7 though. Mike wanted to go chat about Reach for the Stars with her.I said no. John Goodman wandered past. Me and Mike were a little star struck at that. Also, Mike thought this blond haired guy was a stripper but I think he was in Hollyoaks. Didn't correct him though.

We had our photos taken wearing racing helmets and I can't stop looking at them and giggling. My hat was so tight it has given me hamster cheeks. Mike just looks pissed.

It was a very good evening.

Mike:
I’m just listening to the Radio 1 movies section and they’re reviewing Speed Racer – Edith Bowman said she found the monkey funny, but the film guy didn’t find it funny at all. If I’d have spotted Edith Bowman I would have broken her legs so she couldn’t come to work today as I cannot stand her show

Me:
I am glad you did not make me a GBH accessory. Thank you. Also, laughing at what rubbish celebrity spotters we are!

No comments: