Wednesday 9 April 2008

woooooooooooooooooo

I met up with some pals last week. Elizabeth and Sarah have just moved into new place so me and Cor went over. Also Cor was going on holiday with them and was stressing about a belt she had left there that she wanted to take. She hadn't done her washing, packed, bought toiletries, got euros etc but the belt was her most important thing to do.

Anyway, Cor works in the British Museum and regularly trips down to the basement for something. Apparently, recently, she keeps seeing ghosts. My first reaction is to mock and laugh because ghosts do not exist. But then Liz's mum was there at the house and saying she totally believes in them and sees them. Liz also says she sees ghosts and has seen her ex-boyfriends Grandad who spoke to her. She told her boyfriend what he said and it was stuff only him and his Grandad would have known.
Elizabeth also said she hears her sister in her head and regularly phones her to ask whats up or whatever and her sister will be all, stop listening to me in your head. So, thats weird. Then Sarah says she heard her friend have his car accident and die in her dream. Dude.

Liz's mum started telling Cor to 'let the spirits in' and to confront them. To say 'Ok I am listening' or something like that. Or to say that they could talk to her in her dream.

Anyway. It was all very freaky deaky and I am a massive hedge better in that I am not going to say they dont exist because then they will all come get me whilst I am driving home alone in the dark.

Mainly I think your imagination and brain are massively powerful and you fixate or imagine something enough you can convince yourself you heard it or that it happened. Put yourself in a spooky basement with mummies and when you are already quite a fraidy cat of course you are going to freak yourself out.

I remember watching a programme about ghosts once and a lady said a ghost grabbed her ankle and pulled her down the bed. She still lives in the same house and sees the ghost occasionally. Whenever I am half freaked out in bed I always think of that story and begin to feel a hand slowly creep round my ankle.

I drove Cor home later and she said. 'No way am I telling some freaky ghosts they can come visit me whilst I am sleeping.'

No comments: