Sunday 14 September 2008

dinner guests

Jess: How was your chicken last night???

Me: Last night was good! There was A LOT of chicken but it all got eaten! There was one drumstick left when I was clearing up so I picked the unmarinaded parts for Clyde. DID NOT stop him attacking me this morning though. Not only was there chicken but there was a big salad, a feta, tomato and onion salad and 2! bowls of boiled potato (one was a mayonaise potato salad and one was plain butter because I was told some people do not like mayonaise. Turns out, the ONLY person who does not like mayonaise is JAMIE who also does not like BOILED POTATO).

J:Laughing!!! Typical Jamie!!! I had a shit dinner, a shit journey home, had to boil kettle to do washing up as no hot water for 2 weeks now, but yay boiler repair man coming Monday so hopefully will get hot water again, what else,oh yes,hoovered bedroom floor of tons of fur then knocked over plant which spread earth from window to door way!!! Crap evening. Crap dinner made me wake up at 1am starving... found a packet of crisps, ate them, then had to clean my teeth again. Crisps. Not worth it.

Sophie: What did you have for dinner? We hoovered and then they walked half of Trent park in. Did you get the hoover out again after the plant incident? Those things always happen at that time - it's always after you've finished cleaning up that you drop a glass. Boiled potato sounds horrid, they were actually specially selected baby new potatoes. And he doesn't like potato, not just boiled. He only likes chips. Chicken turned out well, despite my fears. Brothers were sloshed.

J: I didn't think in any shape or form you would be serving anything other than delicious potatoes dude!!! You didn't have to highlight! You're a bit of a cooky clever I think! Laughed at Trent park remark!!!! Dinner: opened box of old crackers(bit stale), feta cheese, old pickled onions from jar I found in fridge I swear I've had since Christmas, maraschino cherries I swear I've had since Christmas. That's it. Off a paper plate to avoid using dishes that take forever to wash using one kettle repeatedly being boiled!

Me: Dude. That is not cool re: dinner. Or to the lack of hot water. Mum said Clyde is like Monty because he has a foot fetish and he slumps over your feet. He was flumped all over Dads. Must be cos he has the stinkiest.

No comments: