Thursday 2 October 2008

cheques cheques all around but not a drop to drink

Me: Hey Sade! How was your holiday? Met M for lunch. She said that her boss made a comment today about her already scaring the other employees. She already has the nickname 'the Enforcer.'

Sadie: Laughing at 'the Enforcer!' I mentioned to Angela that she has a very determined walk when she walks about the office. She said I have a quite a distinctive attitude in my walk too. She called it the 'I don't give a fu ck what you think' walk. Holiday was good, 4 days of clear blue skies. Angela - as well as a few others- got burnt, I'm paler than when I started of course. We were known as 'The Girls' because the others ages ranged from 65 to 85. I could have pulled if I'd put a bit of effort in.

Me: HAHA. That is a good walk to have! Excellent to the good weather! Laughing at being 'The Girls' although I am not sure who you wanted to pull considering the ages of the others . . .

Jess: You must be joking!!! Sadie's a rough bird.

Sadie. Dude!

Jess: Funny dude! I'm looking out the window and thinking jeez it's grim.....I want some sunshine!!

Sadie:Blue skies and sun here now. Wish I was on the downs sitting amongst the horse/sheep/cow shit, eating my cheese sarnie.

Sophie: I ate so much yesterday that in the evening I could only eat a pitta. Yesterday was Eid. So now there are donuts, biscuits, sweets, chocs, cake coming out of our ears here.

Sadie: First night in fancy restaurant last week, go to pay and realise no card in my wallet. Not back at the hotel either, couldn't figure it. Phoned bank next day to cancel it just in case and they said no suspicious activity on it. Got home fully expecting it to be in my train pass holder, but no sign of it.

Sophie: How did you pay for things then?!!

Sadie: Angela's card got well used!

Sophie: Hahaha sade, I must say that was an excellent ruse on your part. I must try it when I next go on holiday. Bet you panicked a fair bit though when you realised.

Sadie: Except now I have to wait till next week for a new card. Have £8 to live on till then!

Jess: Dude!!!!! Can I get you some cash? Or you can write a cheque to cash in the bank- have you a cheque book!!!

Sadie: I think I have, somewhere. Jeez it's like going back to the seventies.

Me: I have about 17 cheque books. Barclays diligently sends me one yearly. Me and Soph have a joint account and a cheque book for that each too. Seriously. If you need a cheque book, just say the word..

Jess: FFD!!!! (fucking funny dude)

Sadie: Laughing!!!!!

Sophie: Virgin send me cheques with every bill which I will never use as they charge you for credit card cheques!

Me: I have some of them too! Cheques a-go-go!

no, srsly. Iz definitely fud time

Sadie: PRACTICALLY POOHING WITH LAUGHTER AT THAT PIC!

Me: How loverleeeee!!! He did that this morning and then,when he saw I wasn't budging (hey, I am immune to the elbow skin nibbling now, BRING IT) he lay down very very close to my face and purred. Purrrrrrrr purrrrrr purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It was like a pneumatic drill in my ear 'ole. That cat? He is SMART. We should rent him out to Guantanamo

Sadie: Laughing dude!

Jess: Oh FFD!! I can hearrrrrrrrrrrr him!



From: Rosie
To: S

HEY, NOT SURE WHAT THIS EMAIL IS BUT I RECEIVED 2 OF THEM. THOUGHT THEY MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE TESTING BUSINESS.

ROSIE


From: S
To: Rosie

THANKS! WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!?!?!?


From: Rosie
To: S

I was differentiating between the email I was forwarding and what *I* wanted to say. And because what I wanted to say was a lot more important I felt it simply DEMANDED capitalisation.

For example:

MEATLOAF IS HOT, RAOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW


From: S
To: Rosie

Hmmm... interesting.

I used to do a similar thing, but vocally. I might be having a regular volume-level conversation with someone and then raise my voice unnecessarily at an inappropriate time.

Basically, experimenting with volume.

Oh, by the way, there some new words you might want to add to your vocabulary like "social ostracism."

Iz vair vair comfy ackshully

No comments: