Monday 6 October 2008

meatloaf

Just come in the door and my phone is ringing. Rush to answer it (kinda) and leant over the glass top shelf desk thing there is. Think I sliced my boob off. AND it was only S. He was calling to ask whether I had any Meatloaf vinyl records for him. This is because we were talking about famous people we liked and who we had crushes on. I MIGHT have said Meatloaf. So I told him I did and that he could have one and that they had kiss marks all over where I have kissed Meatloaf goodnight.

S: This was a prank call that has gone horribly wrong. I would like to back out now.

S: Richard from RS is coming over tomorrow.
Me: Thought he was from IDN
S: It used to be called that but now it is called RS
Me: Richard needs to get with the programme.
S: Oh, he doesn't know anything . . he is just an account manager. He does look a little like Meatloaf though . . .
Me: WHOA! I am going to sit in on this meeting! I can pretend to be your PA!
S: HAH. Loser! Also, can you order some DVD's for me?
Me: I can get you some out of petty cash . .
S: They have to be the same we had before though
Me: How did R buy the printer ink? Can he look into ordering the DVD's online?
S: I don't know. Why don't you look into it Miss Marple
Me: Can I not be Nancy Drew? You know, someone a bit younger. Although she is technically ancient by now.
S: Who is Nancy Drew?
Me: WHAT! Who is she??? Did you never read Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys when you were younger?
S: Er, NO. And 'Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys' sounds like a DVD from my 'adult' collection.
Me: DUDE.

No comments: